"I loved my break so much. I not only had a peaceful and relaxing time, I met some amazing people that I was able to talk to that also have HIV. I haven't slept so well in years. The whole experience was lovely"
- from a gentleman returning from a respite break in Cornwall.
"We found it very hard to leave our daughter, but we now feel fully recharged and we were able to spend quality time together as a couple without being interrupted. We met some people and made some new friends"
-from a couple able to have a 5 day break away from their caring role.
Thank you for helping us to get away on a break for a week. We have been through a stressful time in the past year and so much needed a break from it all.
- from a couple with two young children both of whom have had recent life threatening illnesses, leaving one child with a permanent disability.
Thank you for your kindness in providing the funding for my daughter and myself to go on holiday. Because of your generosity I had a friend who was able to be with me as my carer for the week to give my daughter a real break. She was able to join in all the activities on offer.
- from a lady with Multiple Sclerosis whose 8 year old daughter is a young carer.
I came home refreshed, less tired and back to my old self, who had long disappeared with my 'tabard and slippers' mentality.
- from a lady who cares for her severely disabled husband.
We have just returned from a wonderful weeks holiday on the Exmoor coast where the peace, tranquillity and sheer beauty of the place has allowed the stress and strain of our recent past experiences to simply melt away. We have returned feeling closer to each other and closer to God.
- from a couple whose disabled child had required major surgery